Friday, April 1, 2011

Set Your Story Free, Starting Today.

If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all.
~Michelangelo

Every day, I hear from or experience writers who say they picked up a pen one day and let the ink flow, carving out a story that entertains, enlightens, engages, informs or educates another person -- mind you, even a whole civilization. Even though I see new writers day after day, hour after hour, I always have an internal dialogue running about the writers that paved the way for the one across my desk. 

You see, I've found that good writers read. They read a lot; and the more stories they read, the better writer they become themselves. I'll never harden to the truth that nearly everyone has a story, but it is a special gift to shape a story to share with others...not everyone can, or will, do that. Reading the works of other writers will help you write better, no doubt.

If you have a story inside you, set it free. To help others understand your story, though, work to master your craft, sharpen your tools, enrich your vocabulary, perfect your technique, get some coaching, and always keep learning. Then, one day when the ink begins to flow, your words will sculpt your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask your questions here, or send your self publishing questions via email to lisa@conciergemarketing.com. Thanks!