Here are the essentials for booksignings and other events.
Your event is right around the corner, but what do you need to have with you?
- Poster or banner stand with a simple graphic (not a wall of text)
- Easel (if bringing poster)
- Books (be reasonable about the quantity)
- Book stands
- Cash box (with a "bank" based on how much you are charging. Set price so coins aren't needed.)
- Credit card swiping device (Square, PayPal, etc.)
- Any other collateral items you have, such as bookmarks, postcards, brochures, press kits
- Reseller tax permit for the state you are selling in (in a folder is fine)
- Optional: Original illustrations
- Optional: Photos from the book
- Tradeshow Kit*
*Tradeshow Kit: This is the holy grail. Here’s the scoop:
The tradeshow kit is a tackle box filled to the brim with what may seem like random items. Lisa, over her 30+ years of coordination and management of tradeshows, has compiled this list of items to put into a tradeshow kit. This kit includes the Things You’ll Need, the Things You Don’t Think You'll Need, and some Things You Don’t Even Know You’ll Need! These things interchange from show to show, but rest assured this kit should stay assembled and at the ready on a shelf or in your trunk, so you can grab and go for any event, planned or spontaneous! It has saved CMI many times, and it will save you – guaranteed!