Saturday, November 1, 2014

November - It must be time for writing something

While writers everywhere are participating in NaNoWriMo, I decided I wanted to participate in a writing exercise of a different sort -- NaBloPoMo, a program run by Blogher.com (National Blog Posting Month) -- With it, I vow to blog each day in November with ideas for publishing, writing and marketing. Thank you for spending your time on my blog; I hope you find it useful.

Since November 17, 2014 marks the 10th year my company has been in business, it seemed like as good a time as any to get back to blogging.  

I looked back at some of my previous blog entries about publishing, writing, marketing and running a business to decide what might be missing, or changed, since then. I decided that if a new author spent some time on my blog, they might find ideas that would help them make better decisions about publishing and marketing.  Not bad, but I have more to say.  

My goal this month is to provide marketing ideas for authors.  Yes, some of them cost money. Yes, some of them require some effort besides signing up. And yes, some of them are bigger and better than others.  However, my goal is to get you doing at least one thing each day to market your own book(s).  

You might think my November 1 entry about future entries is kind of a cop out, and in a way it is.  I always tell writers to just sit down and write something to get them started.  I'm no different.  

No matter what you are writing this month, remember that there are others exposing their thoughts, vulnerabilities, dreams, stories and lives. That should make it a little easier to share your own.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask your questions here, or send your self publishing questions via email to lisa@conciergemarketing.com. Thanks!